Dreamforce. For more than 11 years, Dreamforce has acted as the stage for Salesforce to debut new products, giving the hungry public a peek into their wildly innovative company. This year, we’re all in for a treat as keynote speakers Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff, YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki, Cisco CEO Chuck Robbins, and 17 influential others share their stories. The conference combines breakout sessions, innovation speakers, and cloud expos with attendee parties, mindfulness keynotes, and the Dreamforce Gala & UCSF Benefit with the Foo Fighters. Yes, the Foo Fighters. It’s fair to say that there’s no other industry event like it. And because we know it’s a jungle out there, we made a short survival guide. Good luck and may the force be with you.Conference season is upon us and we want to talk about one in particular—the goliath, four-day long
- Charged devices. Don’t be the one squatting next to an outlet whispering, “my precious, my precious” ala Gollum. Not a good look.
- A personal schedule. A list with tailored must-sees and other reminders can help you navigate the floor and make optimal use of your time.
- Business cards. One right connection could be a catalyst for new business.
- Comfortable shoes. Avoid foot fatigue and weeks of changing out blister bandages.
- Water and snacks. Keep your blood sugar up; there’s a lot of talking and walking.
- Mints or gum. Keep it fresh and counteract the possibility of “coffee breath.”
- Books for donation. Salesforce is well known for their charity and community building, and this year they launched the #DFGives 1 Million Book Drive.
- Cash. Time is money and you don’t want to waste it in ATM lines. Unless you’re behind Dave Grohl. Then waste away.